Mood Quote:OCT72010

Mood Quote:OCT72010
"Maybe the best any of us can do is not quit, play the hand we've been given and accessorize the outfit we've got." - Carrie
Share |

29 March 2008

Rolling with the Punches: Rocky Balboa

Gotta LOVE this little guy
I've come to see that this little guy has been there for me through a lot.
He's there right next to me, through it all.
Hence, I've learned so much from him.

  1. Pee on yourself? Walk it out. Through those times where I drowned myself in self-sorrows, shortcomings and all, he's taught me to move on and walk it off.
  2. Release your frustrations: Rocky takes out his stress through playing, gnawing and wrestling with his toys. It's a natural instinct and a mind-stimulating habit. Rather than bottle my emotions to the brink of explosion *as what happened recently, he has taught me that many little 'bouts of aggression/stress relief, are many times better than a single blow-out.
  3. Smell the roses..or the hydrants: He walks around aimlessly, the leash is only an extension of me, and he is oblivious to the fact that he's tied down. He lets his 'wants' lead him, and he stops to smell the roses- to say. He's taught me to stop with the perfectionist-attitude. To see the good things that I have around me, and the good things I have accomplished.
  4. Gotta love a belly rub: For a dog to allow itself to lay in the most vulnerable of positions is against it's instinct. Rocky's taught me to let loose, relax, and allow for all things good to surround me. To let someone else hold your happiness in their hands is a great way to see that you're not always in control of everything in your life. And even if something bad happens, trust your resilience, whatever happens, you can handle it.
  5. Strut your stuff: Ever see this dog walk? He doesn't walk, he struts!! He's taught me to hold my head HIGH. He's great. I'm great. We're great; to pick myself up and keep going... confidence is contagious. Once you have it, everyone will know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment