Mood Quote:OCT72010

Mood Quote:OCT72010
"Maybe the best any of us can do is not quit, play the hand we've been given and accessorize the outfit we've got." - Carrie
Share |

27 April 2008

7.12.7

What the future holds
If you were to ask me in Grade 8, at the age of 14, if I knew he was the one,
I would have told you yes. And he could very well agree with you if you had asked him the same...Crazy as it sounds, I knew it & He knew it. It was just this strong connection that we had with each other.. so hard to explain, but I'll give you one of my cherished examples. Our friendship bloomed pretty late in our elementary years, and despite being in the same school for almost a decade, it was in that final year at St.Boniface that we became the closest. We started talking on the phone and one day, I asked him to tell me what cereal I was eating...(by this time, he already knew that I had a habit of 9/10ths finishing a box of Count Chocula Cereal/day)...and surprisingly, without a pause of hesitation, he said

"Honey Nut Cheerios."

It was this simple pivotal moment in our friendship that I realized that our connection was way more beyond the 9-3, it was something more than I could understand. I giggle at the fact that I was able to teach him how to read "numerics" aka "pager lingo." Pagers were all the rage in '99/'00, and he, after getting a job in a factory, got one for himself.

I would text him at night to

"6877 7177" ---CALL JILL---

and other such phrases.... with one night, leading to us watching LFO's Spotlight on MuchMusic, where he said that he always thought of me whenever their song "Girl On TV" played... here's a sample of the lyrics..

"I wish for you on a fallin' star,wonderin' where you are,do I ever cross your mind,In the warm sunshine,she's from the city of angels,like Betty Davis,James Dean,and Gable,never know what she means to me.I fell for the girl that's on TV. "

As we were with different people (hahaha) at the time, to really and truly let me aware of his feelings, he gave me this analogy from Titanic (which lead to our Jack/Rose story)

Here is the actual quote from the movie,"They've got you trapped, Rose. And you're gonna die if you don't break free. Maybe not right away because you're strong but... sooner or later that fire that I love about you, Rose... that fire's gonna burn out... " -Jack Dawson

Using this analogy he changed the words to tell me that he had a fire for me --he liked me..-- and that it was my choice with what I did...but that if I did nothing, that it would slowly burn out.. Smart kid eh.

So move on from grade 8, all-through high school (its UPs and DOWNs..) to our REAL official anni of July 11 2004, and finally to US today. Here we stand, years beyond many could have ever imagined.

And needless to say, history does repeat itself--crazy as it sounds-- we have our date set.

July 12 2014

We're at a point in our lives where we're trying to get everything together-- i guess you can say, laying the foundation to be on our own...and based on the circumstances, 6 years doesn't seem too far off the mark. I have approx. 2 years left of my undergrad, add to that a year or so of Teacher's College and the time to get a Permanent, stable teaching position..and 6 years sounds as realistic as it can get. Also with his pending jump to Policing OR climb up the construction ladder---machine operator, we have plenty of time to iron out any wrinkles that may come our way. But minus all the logistics, there comes something so simple. Despite all these complexities, there seems to be a lot fate-d for this special date.

  1. The Friday prior to the Wedding (July 11 2014) will be our 10 year anniversary! Hence the day we will have our "Dinner Rehearsal."
  2. 10th year anniversaries are traditionally marked with gifts of aluminum, but contemporary gifts are those of Diamonds...and what better Diamond jewellery to give to each other than Wedding Rings!
  3. If you put the actual wedding date into numbers, they form 7, 12, 2014 (2+0+1+4= 7) Hence 7.12.7. The symmetry is gorgeous for print on invitations etc.
  4. Mathematically, if you look at the numbers, 7 + "5" = 12 & 12 - "5" = 7 which is 7.12.7 AND when you add up the FIVEs, you get 10! Our 10 Year Anniversary!
  5. Finally....when we set up the date this year, coincidentally, our four year anniversary falls exactly on the same days that it will in 2014--- 6 years from now! Friday the 11th and Saturday the 12th :) As Plato says, “......when one of them meets with his other half, the actual half of himself, the pair are lost in an amazement of love and friendship and intimacy and one will not be out of the other’s sight even for a moment.”

All I know is, we were crazy then, and we're crazy now, so the sky's the limit. 7.12.7 here we come!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment