Mood Quote:OCT72010

Mood Quote:OCT72010
"Maybe the best any of us can do is not quit, play the hand we've been given and accessorize the outfit we've got." - Carrie
Share |

15 April 2008

no "p"

No Pedofiles
school zone



So, the infamous Debra LaFave--23 (at the time) teacher who had sex with her then 14yo student, again makes Nancy-Grace-Worthy headlines as she is relieved of her house arrest punishment for "good behaviour." Enraged by the stigma she places on fresh, young, female teachers enrages me. So, in my fit of rage, I do the logical thing I decide to do is educate myself. The first thing I do, rather than go to the library to read her Ex-Hubby's tell-all book named "Gorgeous Disaster," is look up her Matt Lauer Interview--entitled Crossing the Line-- on YouTube, and get her side of the story.
There is no denying her beauty, and also, no denying that she has issues..but what I disliked most of what I had learned through this piece is how she blamed her bipolar disorder-- or sorry, it greatly aggravated her situation; completely blurring her ability to distinguish right from wrong.
Denying claims made by her 'lover,' as they labelled him, *puke* that she was turned on by the secret rendezvous.
It is a grave situation for anyone to be in, and I feel completely for the boy and his family. But what I'm ranting about here is the fact that someone can throw away the greatest job that anyone can have-- a position of great influence, and radiance, as you provide a foundation for those you educate. She took away a child's innocence, but as she puts it " a 14 yo today is not the same as one ten years ago" which I agree-- but does not take away from the repulsive activity that resulted in her complete lack of judgement.
She still bears her ex husbands lastname, and if I were him, I would have that changed... but since I am not him, what I would want to have erased is her previous title as a "former teacher" because she did not educate as she was supposed to.
To me, she doesn't even deserve the X title.

No comments:

Post a Comment