Mood Quote:OCT72010

Mood Quote:OCT72010
"Maybe the best any of us can do is not quit, play the hand we've been given and accessorize the outfit we've got." - Carrie
Share |

08 April 2008

school days

Picked up Caitlyn and Chelsea from school today.
I couldn't help but gaze and wonder, awaiting that day where I will return to school-- as a teacher. To hear that bell and release the kids to go outside, to supervise lunch, to pick a raised hand, to follow my lesson plan, to guide and to conquer, to comfort and support, to enjoy the company of youth, innocent, playful, and so full of life, laughter and potential. I can't wait. I can't wait until I can work at a school, and gain a daily ritual of reminiscing when I once sat in those chairs, changed to my 'indoor shoes', practiced for the talent shows, ran and play, cut and pasted. It's a form of nostalgia that eats at me; I just want that day to be here. For my successes to be in my face, a day to day reminder that I am making of myself, what my dreams are at night. A time when I will be at my happiest, and only to get happier. For teaching is not only to help others learn, but a learning experience in itself.



Does a tree ever stop growing? Therefore a teacher never stops learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment