Mood Quote:OCT72010

Mood Quote:OCT72010
"Maybe the best any of us can do is not quit, play the hand we've been given and accessorize the outfit we've got." - Carrie
Share |

24 February 2009

All Dolled Up


I grew up with the philosophy,"To do the best with what you've got.." It has taught me to make the most of any and everything, much like the book 'Something from Nothing.'

Therefore, as a child, I grew up happy and confident, especially when it came to being different...looking different. Nowhere near the blonde hair, blue eyed girls as seen on TV, I knew from a young age, that I had something that made me unique; something special.

As I got older, embracing my adolescent years, I experimented with ways to emphasize this uniqueness (or as others put it, exoticness.) Through this experimentation, I found the art of make up.
I would sit infront of a mirror and 'draw' what I wanted myself to look like. More often than not, I tend to put the emphasis on my eyes, as it is what I am complimented on most...
I've learned how to refine my techniques to go from day-to-night, and can gladly say I opt-out when hiring a professional. I've gotten too used to my own look.
Embracing the FAB look with a touch of GLAM, I am inspired by fellow Pinay, Mally Roncal. She has waved her magic make-up wand over numerous celebrities, and has made a career out of my beloved hobby.
To girls everywhere who love to get
All Dolled Up
and admit it, this one's for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment