Mood Quote:OCT72010

Mood Quote:OCT72010
"Maybe the best any of us can do is not quit, play the hand we've been given and accessorize the outfit we've got." - Carrie
Share |

03 June 2009

Our Secret Code

Rewind to the days back in elementary when neither Frank nor I had a cell phone....(he at least had a pager.)

If he wanted to talk to me/return one of my *pages to him, we had a simple 'code' to get ahold of eachother....

....he would call my house, and before the first ring finished, to hang up. (remember, this is also the days before *69!) ...so it was often fail-proof, and none of our parents were the wiser.

Today, I was phoneless, as I had mistakenly misplaced my phone (it ended up being underneath my passenger car seat) therefore being unreachable to Frank.

It's days like this that I realize how in-touch he needs to be with me, cause he did the cutest thing. I get home at 11:30 and shortly after, the house phone rings- for a split second. I think for a sec, and say to myself, nah....he hasn't done that in ages! So, I dial *-6-9 and it says, "The last number to call your line is: 416-8__-7722!"

I smile, call him back, he answers right away- and my eyes start to well up..."I can't believe you remember our code!"

"Of course I remember it...it's our secret code."

--- I felt 14 again.

No comments:

Post a Comment