Mood Quote:OCT72010

Mood Quote:OCT72010
"Maybe the best any of us can do is not quit, play the hand we've been given and accessorize the outfit we've got." - Carrie
Share |

22 July 2009

Michael Jackson: 1958-2009

I was at work when I heard the rumblings; the tv by front desk was changed to CNN and the headline: "Michael Jackson Rushed to Hospital: In a Coma" stunned me, and I immediately called my mom at home....

She's always been a MICHAEL fan. Not a fan of the magnitude that is Michael Jackson, just Michael. She referred to him as Michael, as if he was some distant cousin of our family that we don't see at Christmas or hear from so often..but is always in our thoughts. Our Christmases are filled with not the typical "chestnuts-roasting-on-an-open-fire-esque" seasonal songs, rather Jackson 5 Christmas Album goes on repeat *mind you, during the EXTENDED Philipino Christmas Holiday Season... hahaha.

As I digress, the night furthers on, and as it becomes more evident that he has indeed passed on, I and others around me are in utter shock and disbelief. I call my mom, and she says, "she's alone.." I get teary-eyed on my break and listen to Flow 935 on my break, who already had MJ Musical Tributes non-stop. I call my Michael-Jackson-Dance-Imitator John, and console him at the loss of his Idol.

I drive home blasting MJ tunes, and let it all sink in.

A man who is so far away, but always close to home, my home. My mom always supported him- throughout the chaos and wacko-jacko tabloid attacks; through the allegations and the surgeries; to her, he was always Michael.

When he passed, I knew my mom's heart was broken; therefore so was mine. Below is a tribute to MJ, whose Remember the Times video, quite ironically, I had watched on BET the night before his passing.

Here are my fave MJ Songs and Vids.... * Dirty Diana is my ultimate; its not a typical choice, but I love his vocal range in this song....* PS- I recommended it to RockBand for their next installment of songs...

ENJOY the VIDS











No comments:

Post a Comment