Mood Quote:OCT72010

Mood Quote:OCT72010
"Maybe the best any of us can do is not quit, play the hand we've been given and accessorize the outfit we've got." - Carrie
Share |

02 September 2009

Chivalry and Romance

To know Frank and I, you will see that we aren't the mushy, in-your-face kind of couples. We've passed the 'honeymoon' stage of our relationship, endured the rollercoaster ups and downs, and are now at the cruise control stage where it's all inevitably "smooth sailing." Having been together almost a decade, officially half that- & having grown up together, we've learned each others quirks inside and out.

Romance is not what it used to be; I don't write him (and fold him) the letters I used to, he doesn't bring me roses as often as he used to either. But here is an example of things that he does that show we're still the same deep down.

  1. Whenever we're walking in a crowd of people he'll grab my hand and bring me infront of him a little.
  2. He gets me 2 packs of Almond Glosettes everytime he gets cigarettes at the convenience store (maybe to soften the blow? lol)
  3. He doesn't need to think twice before giving me a helping hand.
  4. When we went to the trailor, he got me my fave 'trailor munchies' -- toaster strudel, raspberries and whipped cream, sausage rolls =)
  5. He has a habit of checking my tires, and filling up my tank for the week to come.
  6. I don't need to tell him something's wrong- he just knows
  7. He'll bring me my tsinelas (slippers) when I get to his house; rather than me tipy-toeing to get them.
  8. Whenever he gets me upset, he doesn't let me stay mad...he does whatever it takes to get me laughing/smiling again.
  9. Whenever I have to go to the washroom (for ex. at the mall) he'll take my purse so I don't have to hold onto it while in there.
  10. If it's raining, he runs out to get the car and picks me up closer to the doors.
Over the years, it's the little things that matter most...they're like everyday reminders that there's more to just saying I Love You.

No comments:

Post a Comment