Mood Quote:OCT72010

Mood Quote:OCT72010
"Maybe the best any of us can do is not quit, play the hand we've been given and accessorize the outfit we've got." - Carrie
Share |

02 October 2009

Ogopogo


Set the Scene: In Frank's room talking about randomness after work, as he drifts in and out of consciousness; falling asleep to my rambling.

I often gauge his level of awareness by asking him weird questions and based on his reaction, I can tell whether or not he's really falling asleep. As an example, as follows:

(.....*following a conversation about reading comprehension in elementary school)
Jill: Do you remember the first reading story that I helped you on and you got a good mark for it?
Frank: *pause* ...Midnight is a Place...
Jill: *in a ranting voice* No! That's not it- you know that was later in the year, why would you answer that? bla bla bla...
Frank: *interrupting her* ...Ogopogo. Now can you please shut up about me not remembering...I just wanted to see your reaction. *imitating her saying* "Oh I can't believe you don't remember!***
Jill: *crying. How do you remember? I can't believe you remember Ogopogo....
Frank: *pause* First she's whining, now she's crying. I'm going to sleep!
Jill: Please don't scratch yourself and ruin such a nice moment.

Fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment