Mood Quote:OCT72010

Mood Quote:OCT72010
"Maybe the best any of us can do is not quit, play the hand we've been given and accessorize the outfit we've got." - Carrie
Share |

15 February 2010

Valentine's Day: The Day & Movie

The day starts off as usual...nothing unusual; planning a usual night out...that would likely end up at Mr.Greek -having our usual order of 2 appetizers, 2 full meals and plenty of refills to chase all that food down.

In fact, the day was quite the opposite from days of recent Valentine's past. It actually felt like Valentine's day! Waiting for Frank to come over in the late afternoon, I watch my ultimate fave rom-com (romantic comedy) 'How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days'

When Frank arrives, the movie is not even a third of the way through, and coincidently, he comes during commercial -and my bathroom break. I run back to the room to catch the last commercial before the movie begins again, and am excited to have done so...all the while, Frank is staring at me, with a weird grin on his face.

He still has his jacket on, and I look at him, like, "what's the problem? need help taking your jacket off?" and he signals me to look over at my dresser with his eyes, and there stands this adorably clad teddy bear with a rose, heart keychain and lindt chocolates! I scream and hug him -winter jacket and all!

"Happy Valentine's day Poopie..," he says.

We finish the movie, and I am utterly excited to have watched it with my 2nd Valentine (sorry Rocky asked me first in the morning) on Valentine's day....I couldn't have asked for more; but I did.

"So, what are we gonna do now?"
After much pleading, and negotiating (to watch other films) he gives in.

FS: Is it a comedy?
JC: Yes....
FS: Oh, okay then..and what's it called again?
JC: Valentine's Day**clicky
FS: What's supposed to be funny about that?
JC: It's a romantic comedy
FS: Ugh.. I JUST WATCHED ONE OF THOSE!!!

We catch the movie just in time to find seats in a full theatre in the aisle that meets the entrance -not the best, but better than the very front row of the theatre. We're both pleased... we watch the movie, and parts of it are sweeter than honey while the rest can be heartbreaking. The movie is a perfect date movie, and how often can one say,"I watched 'Valentine's Day' ON Valentine's Day?"Post-teatro we visit Ana and Cory at their private St.Valentine's Day rendezvous and chill out for a couple hours... we head home to our little Valentino, Rocco.

For a Valentine's day that goes in the books. 2010 is starting off wonderfully well..... I am happy, pleased, and happy, because I'm loved -by 2 wonderful Valentines.

No comments:

Post a Comment