Mood Quote:OCT72010

Mood Quote:OCT72010
"Maybe the best any of us can do is not quit, play the hand we've been given and accessorize the outfit we've got." - Carrie
Share |

25 March 2010

Can You Keep The Secret?


Can you keep the secret?
I've been a preacher, not a practicer, of the secret, in my own life. I've let myself get carried away by negative thoughts, feelings, and emotions and have pushed away the one thing that I was working towards - for myself.
I've been pushed down too many times and let myself drown beneath the overwhelming anxiety that comes with being such a perfectionist. Perfection is not about seeking perfection in others, rather, just myself.
I've come to see that seeking perfection is like looking for a unicorn....chasing something imaginative, that never truly exists. True perfection is flawed.
I have much to be thankful for in my 24 years, and my situation is the one flaw that exists, for me. Others, it's their love life, their family life, their job, work, career....
I'm keeping the secret - in my head, knowing that one day, I will actualize all that I dream.
This is a secret I can keep...it's giving me positive motivation to keep on keepin' on.
Or as I like to put it: Think It. Dream It. Have It.

2 comments: