Mood Quote:OCT72010

Mood Quote:OCT72010
"Maybe the best any of us can do is not quit, play the hand we've been given and accessorize the outfit we've got." - Carrie
Share |

31 March 2010

I Owe U....An Apology

For effective communication, have you ever heard of using "I" instead of "You"

Here is a self-evaluative activity that will help you brush up on your "I" language when communicating with other people, especially in argumentative situations. Also, it will help you differentiate between evaluative and descriptive language.

Instructions: For each of the following evaluative "you" statements, write an "I" statement in its' place. Include a description of the observed behaviour and a brief account of your reaction to it or feeling about it.

Example:
  • You-statement: You are so lazy.
  • I-statement: I get frustrated when you don't do your share of the cleaning around the house.

See if you can find I-statements for the following. This exercise is beneficial especially for those in a relationship, where communication is key!

  1. "You only want things your own way."
  2. "You drink like a fish."
  3. "You always hog the TV."
  4. "You don't care about my needs."
  5. "You are always late."
  6. "You never pull your own weight."
  7. "You are always reading the newspaper when I want to talk."
  8. "You drive like a maniac."
  9. "Why can't you listen to me."

__________________

No comments:

Post a Comment