Mood Quote:OCT72010

Mood Quote:OCT72010
"Maybe the best any of us can do is not quit, play the hand we've been given and accessorize the outfit we've got." - Carrie
Share |

13 April 2010

Oasis in the City



Here is 'The Shops at Don Mills' - my escape from the concrete jungle, "in my back yard." I blogged about my enthusiasm about this place last year, but this past Monday, I took my boys there (the 2-legged & 4-legged) and strolled around the place, taking in the sunshine which we have been denied for quite some time! It's a dog-friendly place, where I can combine my love of Rocky and shopping - all while sipping my double chocolaty chip frapp from Starbucks! In the summer they place cute stainless steel doggy water bowls and also have 'doggy stations' from which you can get eco-friendly dog waste bags! (*although I bring my own - hot pink in colour - mind you.)

Frank was quick not to show his liking for this place, as I've been ranting and raving about it forever! - and by doing so, would cause me to jump up and down, teasing, "See! See!" (which I did do, in my head.) As we sat in the central piazza, as I munched away on my Hawaiian pizza, Rocky chomping at my pepperoni/bacon/sausage bits, and with a few little kids going Gaga for Rock-star, Frank's exact words were, "This place is pretty nice.... my mom would like it here ."

Post chomp-down, we walked a little more, as I continued to eye-shop, with Frank ending it off by saying, "I think we need to go shopping this summer..."

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment