Mood Quote:OCT72010

Mood Quote:OCT72010
"Maybe the best any of us can do is not quit, play the hand we've been given and accessorize the outfit we've got." - Carrie
Share |

23 May 2008

chugging along



Lately, I've noticed that whenever I'm asked how I'm doing, I keep saying that I'm, "chugging along."

Maybe subconsciously I'm beginning to realize my uphill trend, & am conveying what initiated all these good things to finally happen...

Being surrounded by children's books and reminiscing on those stories that influenced my own childhood, one anthromorphic locomotive comes to mind. I'm sure everyone knows the story of, "The Little Engine that Could." For those finding themselves having a memory-lapse, a quick synopsis follows: The little blue engine is stuck at the bottom of a hill, unable to find a larger locomotive willing to attempt the daughnting uphill climb. Seeing that it is quite steep, acknowledging that no one will help him, he has no one to rely on but himself. Left to his own devices, he decides to give it a try; as he climbs, he gains power at the steepest (most slow-moving point) through his own self-confidence, as he constantly repeats the mantra," I think I can, I think I can, I think I can." Once over the hill, enjoying the rewarding free-fall, he says to himself," I thought I could, I thought I could...."

No comments:

Post a Comment