Mood Quote:OCT72010

Mood Quote:OCT72010
"Maybe the best any of us can do is not quit, play the hand we've been given and accessorize the outfit we've got." - Carrie
Share |

06 May 2009

Way Back Play Back

One weekend in April, my mom and I were downstairs, and the doorbell rang. It was Frank and he had just arrived at my house-- I asked him if he could check my oil before he lit up, and he did, with my mom peering out the window, like she does whenever my dad is outside (for eg. cutting the grass, washing the cars...)

Then she turns to me and says,

"Frank reminds me of your dad..."

"What do you mean," I say.

"...that's the way your dad was with me when we were dating back then. He takes care of you, like how your dad always takes care of things for me."

I didn't reply, but I smiled, and joined her in peering out the front door window. That's the best compliment I could ever be given...* I thought to myself

No comments:

Post a Comment