Blogger did not automatically sign me in with my ID and Password and I was prompted to fill it in and actually Sign Myself in! So here I am at York in the TEL building, killing time til my early start at Mothercraft.
Anyway, here is a blogroll of the past few weeks:
I've had 3 out of the 4 weddings for this year.
- Mel and Daniela's wedding (reception) at Riviera Parque had its own unique touches. Music accompanied by video pre-introduction welcomed their guests, as well as 'individual' photos with the bride and groom as you finished the receiving line. Their centrepieces (which were beautiful vases with tri-tiered calla lilies) were so nice infact that 5 tables --including mine; frank won the centrepiece-- had been stolen as the guests danced on the dance floor. A unique form of entertainment- as per their cultural blending-- was the beautiful Belly Dancer that wowed the crowd... the wedding was like a reunion of sorts for everyone in attendance.
- Jamie and Kurt's wedding at the Terrace was a nice way to see the purple motif in-person. Also the mix with gold and cranberry was a different but very nice touch to the colour scheme. The bride was stunning and her groom, equally as dashing. They looked magnificent together- and I for one am honoured to have been their Cord Sponsor for the ceremony. A 3-instrument band and an opera singer set the mood at the church, and at the reception, a video shot pre-wedding gave the attendees a glimpse into the early beginnings and how-did-he-propose via interviews and on-screen shots of them walking and talking about (with their dog Ellie in tow).
- Vitina and Ryan's wedding this past weekend at Le Parc (reception) was filled with brown-pink themed decor; these high school sweethearts danced to Bon Jovi's- Thank You for Loving Me and throughout the dinner portion of the evening, had an entertainer who impersonated everyone from classic italian singers/tenors to elvis presley. He even co-ordinated impromptu 'performances' from volunteer guests who lip synched pre-recorded renditions of these artists' songs
As per my regular day-to-day:
- we squeezed in last-hurrah-to-summer barbecues at Frank's
- took Caitlyn, Chelsea and Rocky to Port Union for some fresh air and rock collecting
- started the 09/10 school year
- celebrated Raf's bday at the Bier Market
- started full-shifts at Mothercraft..
Nothing too exciting; but like I said, it's the calm before the storm.