Mood Quote:OCT72010

Mood Quote:OCT72010
"Maybe the best any of us can do is not quit, play the hand we've been given and accessorize the outfit we've got." - Carrie
Share |

02 November 2009

Michael Jackson- Human Nature



So, I watched This Is It and literally cried during Human Nature... I don't know where it came from, but it was sudden and tears couldn't stop rolling down my face. (I'll be there brought my mom to tears- as it is her fave MJ Song)

I don't know if it was the sheer magnitude of seeing his last performance..but he sang this song beautifully well.

Since I'm occupying myself watching videos from YouTube.. here is my review of This is It.
  • The footage felt very raw and natural (this footage was for Michael's own personal library- not as if it were to be released in as bonus footage for public viewing)
  • Michael was thin physically but full of heart in every performance-- his voice unaffected by years of emotional turmoil.
  • I loved his phrases "Let it simmer..." "Nourish the audience" "Bathe in the moonlight"
  • Michael's pure genius is transpired and evident: notes and musical performances that sound amazing to the average person's ear would sometimes need a bit of tweeking with Michael's firm but gentle input. He felt every note and knew his songs inside out
  • This movie portrays the Michael prior to his 10-year-onstage-hiatus, glowing and oozing a natural, God-given radiance that he put to use in every aspect of preparation....and execution
  • The only disappointment, I was hoping that Remember the Time would have made his set list
  • I really enjoyed the melding together of his performance(s) with their FX backscreen clips -- especially for They Don't Really Care About Us
  • I was glad to see the complete opposite of the Michael the media portrayed/reported to have been very ill, forced to perform-- he came alive while performing, preparing to perform, or anything involved with his music.
  • This is It will leave Michael's True Legacy in the minds of all who see it
  • I will watch this in theatre again...it was a great experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment