Mood Quote:OCT72010

Mood Quote:OCT72010
"Maybe the best any of us can do is not quit, play the hand we've been given and accessorize the outfit we've got." - Carrie
Share |

26 February 2010

What Do Dogs Dream About?

Rocky is the funniest little dog. He does this thing where he rubs himself along the sides of couches as if he were a cat, looking for attention.

Although, that's not what amuses me the most; I like when he's dreaming. He's usually sleeping on his side, nice and peaceful-looking when all of a sudden, his legs will do a li'l twitch, like he's doing the running man...often followed by either a li'l bark or a growl. If you ask him,"Who's there?" his dreams will follow suit, I'm sure, of the chase of a squirrel (canines' arch nemesis - cats are the runner up) There is this particular squirrel that taunts Rocky. A little light-brown with hints of black coloured squirrel, whom is always quite hefty *even in summer months, who sits outside my patio doors, staring at Rocky as he goes ballistic! He is amused by Rocky's torment of not being able to 'get at him' and it's quite evident. Very likely day-after-day they have this stand off...which I don't allow to get passed the glass door between them, because the one time I let Rocky have his fix, it ended up with him chasing the squirrel to the rear of my backyard, straight into my pond. Rocky smelled delightful *gag*

I know most people who own animals probably ask themselves the same thing, I think I've found that answer to what dogs dream about - squirrels, and that one fateful day when they can get their little paws on 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment