BIG (John James Preston) is the runner up IMO of Carrie's love interests throughout the show. Although he plays (in my world, Sex and the City can't be referred to in past tense; it'll live on forever! LOL) a Big role in her life, I will forever be a Team Aidan Fan.
Many people are satisfied with Big's "Carrie, You're the One." speel but for me, Pro-Aidan, I have plenty of evidence to the contrary; so here I announce why Carrie's wedded name should be:
Carrie Bradshaw Shaw!
- Pete approved of Carrie when they first met (hell, he humped her leg!)
- He held off sleeping with her right away - and surprised her with a bath/candles to show that he really cared about her; "It's only been a week, don't people date anymore?"
- When she wanted her 'space' he gave it to her....when she wanted 'less space,' he said "I have a life, I was just making room for you in it."
- He refinished her floors
- When they met at his and Steve's bar, he didn't throw a tantrum; he was civil.
- He took her back after he announced, "You Broke My Heart!!!"
- He admitted that he was 'tempted' to cheat with the bartender but DIDN'T!
- He lived with BIG's big part in Carrie's life...even after they had the affair!
- He took our City Shoegal into the country -and out of her comfort zone- he introduced her to new things outside her New York State of Mind....and showed her that a squirrel isn't. "a rat with a cuter outfit!"
- He let BIG come up and stay over at his country house when it was unsafe for him to drive home wasted.
- He carried Miranda (without taking a sneak peek) when her neck went out and took her to the doctor.
- He bought her a MAC and a Zip drive so that she could back up her writing
- He suggested becoming her lover-and-landlord
- He proposed with Pete!
- He tried breaking down 'Carrie's Wall'
- He -was- just what she needed.