Mood Quote:OCT72010

Mood Quote:OCT72010
"Maybe the best any of us can do is not quit, play the hand we've been given and accessorize the outfit we've got." - Carrie
Share |

21 March 2010

Controlling Women

I will never be able to understand a relationship where a guy completely castrates himself and lets his 'woman' take control of every aspect of the relationship -and- his life. Coming from the female perspective, I understand the desire to be able to take the reins on some things, but to act like Mini Mussolinis and dictate the life of another person (supposedly someone you love) is beyond me.

I am witness to relationships where the female counterpart of the relationship quote on quote 'wears the pants' and might as well 'own the bank account' of their significant other.

Sure, investing in a relationship is one thing, but I believe money/finances should only be joint if there is a joint benefit.

I've seen it all. The girlfriend, also known as
  • the financial advisor
  • the fiscal spender
  • the decision maker when it comes to where he goes, with whom, when to return
  • the stylist (what to wear, how to wear it)
and the list goes on.

I'll admit, when it comes to Frank, I'll put in my 2 cents, but the decision is always his in the end. The only joint matter we have at the moment, is Rocky.

Until we have a house, mortgage, otherwise, REAL investments, -he can do what he wants, how he wants.

Even then, I know that I will never rule him. I'll never bring him down infront of his friends. I'll never take away something that he had before there was US - his independence.

Women who take control of their other half, take more than just control... they take away the other person's ability to stand on their own two feet.

When the other person becomes dependent on you - that's when you've enabled the person to become just what you wanted all along - putty in your hands. So don't complain when he's not up to par with what you want him to be.

Take responsibility for your dictatorship. When you become the leader, he will always, only be a follower.

I prefer a sidekick relationship. One where we stand side-by-side, and have each other's backs; come hell or high water.

End Rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment