Mood Quote:OCT72010

Mood Quote:OCT72010
"Maybe the best any of us can do is not quit, play the hand we've been given and accessorize the outfit we've got." - Carrie
Share |

17 March 2010

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes

For the past little while I've been putting the idea of my dream job on the backburner. I think I've been doing this because at this moment, it seems so far away. It seems that all that I've been working towards, this end goal - this destination - has led me to so many detours that literally, I've lost my way. I've entertained the thoughts of life post-graduation, where I will be and what I can do, and I settled for the fact that this dream job may just remain what it is - a figment of my imagination.

I pushed it away and let it become a skeleton in my closet. But for wherever I go, it's in my face.

I'm not one to give up and throw in the towel, but sometimes I think it's smarter to know when to bow out. Frank tells me otherwise, as do many others, that they can't see me letting it go. For what and for why? Menial issues - so they say? Money. Grades. Acceptances.

I wonder sometimes whether my bottom line is rejection.

Dreading the possibility of opening a letter to have it say," Thank you for your interest in.....but we're sorry... blah blah blah"

I told myself that I would apply - just once - and if all my preparedness (experience) is not suffice, that I would venture elsewhere.

So here I am, March 17th 2010 making a promise to myself to:

Time will Tell. Wish me Well.


No comments:

Post a Comment