Mood Quote:OCT72010

Mood Quote:OCT72010
"Maybe the best any of us can do is not quit, play the hand we've been given and accessorize the outfit we've got." - Carrie
Share |

25 March 2010

Shopping At Sephora

Thanks to my sister - for my birthday a few weeks ago - she gave me a $100 gift card to Sephora....knowing very well that I walk past that store because of 'sticker shock.'

One thing about me and make up - the most expensive make up I have is MAC, most of which I have accumulated through sample bags and my own personal collection. The rest consist of 'drug store brands' such as Revlon, CG, and Rimmel.

Here's what I got with her generous gift! (also, signing up for Sephora's Beauty Insider card, I got a Birthday Gift!)

Here is an amazing shadow-gloss-brush combination set from Sephora, with 5 different looks to play with
  1. Dinner in Paris
  2. Coffee in New York
  3. Shopping in Milan
  4. Tango in Buenos Aires
  5. Clubbing in Tokyo
*Bonus: Each set pops out from the main case for a mini to-go palette!

I've gone through my share of brushes...my last set came from Danier, and when I purchased them, they felt quite soft to me, resembling the feel my Mary Kay brushes once had. I was wrong, but they'll do...and my Mary Kay brushes have been working alongside Danier's in order for me to save money and not buy brushes, when some of that money can go towards gas or 'savings'.... Here comes Sephora's Slim Essentials set. Exactly the brushes I use daily, all in one compact case. One selling point, in addition to the EXTREMELY soft, high-quality bristels, the covered lip brush. Most lip brushes come with that plastic slide...whereas this one comes with a clicky cover. Oh how the simplest things amuse me.
Last but definitely not least, NARS blush in Orgasm. As I am the walking encyclopedia of useless information, let me inform you that the reason why we 'blush' is that the flow of blood to our cheeks sends out a primal signal to our male suitors that we're 'interested'

So when a guy makes you blush...according to NARS, that equals...an orgasm?

Anyway, this product is the whole reason why she got me the gift card in the first place. A friend of hers has been wearing this blush, and everytime I see her in pictures, I always admire how her blush looks.

I've improvised my own blush technique with a mixed blush palette and MAC's shimmer pressed powder.

I'm excited to wear the blush that comes infused with shimmer...yayyy!

Thanks to my sister who knows how to spoil her already spoiled younger sister. You always give me the best presents...not only because they're wickedly useful and totally me, but because you actually took the time to think of gift, not shop, pick and pay. <3>

No comments:

Post a Comment