Mood Quote:OCT72010

Mood Quote:OCT72010
"Maybe the best any of us can do is not quit, play the hand we've been given and accessorize the outfit we've got." - Carrie
Share |

10 March 2010

Time Flies

For my second cookie, I have the following fortune:


Logging onto to Facebook via BB, I see that one of my forever-friends Dani, is celebrating her three years with her bf Stuart. I vividly remember the night Frank called me and told me,"You'll never guess who I talked to on the phone tonight..." Assuming it was some broad from his past, I was instantly disinterested. He insisted that I play a guessing game with him, and so I did. He gave me a clue, which was 'Stuart.' I instantly guessed Danielle.

He told me the story of how it all went down, and I was in utter disbelief that she was back in his life, after being labelled his long-lost-love (be it, we were 19-20 at this time, and this puppy love began way back when in grade 8).

Today, not just with this instance alone, I've come to see just how much time has slipped through my fingers. Thinking back the last few years, so much and so little has happened at the same time. A double-edged sword for me.

But as the fortune points out, memories are great keepsakes.

To all those that I like, love, and enamore myself with throughout the 365 day cycles of our lives, I thank you.

Thank you for the memories. For the good times. For the times that I laughed 'til it hurt. For the times that were simple and sweet. For the good eats. For the dancing. For the drinks. For the late nights. For the early mornings. For the day trips. For the night drives. For the coffee breaks. For the walks on the beach. For the shop-til-you drop fiascos. For the barbecues and summer nights. For each and every day that you made tomorrows worthwhile-waiting-for.

No comments:

Post a Comment