I can never understand how it happens, but only know that it does. Be the cause of love, loneliness, thrill, adventure, something new, something different, something exciting - in the end, the toxicity of the relationship is an attempt to fill a void.
What got me on this topic is that I was just recently contacted by a past toxic waste producer and it hit me. Why - after all these years, is he still saying, "hi."
I will never understand that either.... his end goal, obvious. My response - more than obvious. Some argue other wise.. but nonetheless, there he goes again on my block list. (I cleared my block list because I assumed that such people would give-it-up after X amount of time). I stand corrected.
Toxic people are those who:
- want but don't give
- call when they want something, but don't answer your calls
- are Bad influences - with little regard for what is right, for you.
- want something from nothing
- play mind games
- are your friend one minute, your arch nemesis the next
- are never really there when you need them most
- cannot be trusted
- are likely to be involved in one of your regrets
- to this day, you will never understand.