Mood Quote:OCT72010

Mood Quote:OCT72010
"Maybe the best any of us can do is not quit, play the hand we've been given and accessorize the outfit we've got." - Carrie
Share |

06 May 2010

Shoes with Wheels

Throughout the last few weeks I've been going through an emotional whirlwind, and things just haven't sat right with me. I've been ongoingly remaining in a state of unrest
and couldn't get out of it. I finally broke, and guess who was there; of course he wasn't one to judge, or criticize, and only said, "I always thought you were stronger than this, to let it get you like this...it's not you."
Other than words of support and consolation, he did something else. On one of my rollercoaster mood days, we went and got rollerblades. Who knew how freeing an experience on shoes with wheels could be after more than a decade?? We rolled around at Port Union with our little Roc-star and he watched me fall, and freak out, and scream as Rocky dragged me down a hill at full speed as he pulled like a little reindeer. I didn't mind falling. I didn't mind falling infront of all these strangers. I didn't get an anxiety attack, or freak-fest, rather, did something that I forgot to do - laugh it off.
A new summer hobby, a way to walk Rocky and have fun all at the same time. No more leisurely strolls, more like, leisurely rolls.
To him, my Rock, for always being that steady force in my life. And to his mini-me, little Rocky, for being my heartbeat at my feet; a reminder that there's always something positive, when it all seems so negative.

No comments:

Post a Comment