Mood Quote:OCT72010

Mood Quote:OCT72010
"Maybe the best any of us can do is not quit, play the hand we've been given and accessorize the outfit we've got." - Carrie
Share |

16 August 2010

Twitterberry


As of late I’ve been tweeting more than that annoying little bird we hear in Frank’s backyard on Sunday BBQs! I have the social networking plan on my Bb with Telus, and initially, it came with Bb Messenger, MSN Live Messenger, ICQ, Google Talk, and Yahoo Messenger. In my head, I always wondered why Twitter wasn’t a part of the package, when an online app was available; then magically, one day, the icon appears to my utter delight and I’ve been tweeting my tail off ever since. All the random meanderings in my head, too short for a blog post, now serve a purpose, they’re tweets. I don’t have a flood of followers, and to be honest, it’s for self gratification. I’m not there to ‘expose myself to the world’ as anti-social-networking people put it, merely, it’s a form of expression, a way to engage yourself in conversation, no matter how small, on topics ranging from the shoes your wearing, to the latest celebrity buzz.
We live in the age of Now. Information is sent and received at the speed of lightning and where else can you exchange information faster with such a vast array of people than on twitter? Bill Cosby – at the tender age of 73 – has had to clarify that he is still ALIVE and BREATHING, despite ‘tweets’ that state otherwise.
Twitter is Facebook on fire, and the only reason I didn’t tweet as much sooner, was the lack of an application, and the sheer need to log-on for a 140 character or less sentence everytime I had a thought or pondering.
This app on my phone has me using my blackberry for more non-official purposes, and I now laugh at the days 5 years ago when I’d gaff at the executives thumb-typing away their ‘important’ lives in the Scotiabank Plaza elevators. *click click click click* *scroll scroll scroll*.
If you can’t beat ‘em join ‘em, as they say. And I did.
Wagon jumper, nah. I actually have found function and purpose for my blackberry, not to mention, entertainment and ‘networking.’
Jill + Blackberry + Twitter = Disaster! Follow my tweets @She_DoesTheCity

No comments:

Post a Comment