Mood Quote:OCT72010

Mood Quote:OCT72010
"Maybe the best any of us can do is not quit, play the hand we've been given and accessorize the outfit we've got." - Carrie
Share |

19 January 2008

Insomniac

Again, just one of those sleepless nights...
Feeling: ..like an Insomniac
It's one of those nights where I can't sleep. So the post for the 19th is really early. Frank's here. Passed out, with Rocky . I'm quite pleased with myself, and the idea to add in one of my favourite internet inventions: the emoticon. I have a zillion of them, and what better way to keep them portable than to add them to my blog?! Plus, they're completely adorable, despite the nay-sayers that find them annoying, as I add them in order to Express Myself ! It's reminiscent of those children's storybooks,no?
Haha. Please excuse the randomness, as it is 2AM! Hence, the logistical aspect of this blog. It is serving its purpose well. Quite well in fact, otherwise I would probably be sitting up watching a show on tv, or filling my head with the millions upon millions of advertisements that we are bombarded with. EXCEPT, this early in the morning, there is the great abundance of the well-loved Infomercials.
In all honesty, I never quite minded them, seeing I am an avid "As Seen on TV" Showcase-store shopper. I remember products like the paint-stick, Jack LaLaine & his juicer, or Orange Glo- before its retail-wide release. This was back in my elementary/high school days, when time actually existed. Now you have to go searching for time, as it comes and goes in the blink of an eye!But what I really liked to watch this early in the morning--during what I like to call my Wonder Years-- was the musical infomercials from TimeLife Music.
Compilations from the Greatest Eras of Music, brought me back to my childhood, listening to music as we did our weekend-clean up, or those late-night karaoke nights! Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Connie Francis, Chicago, The Temptations, Earth Wind and Fire...and don't forget, the best era, THE EIGHTIES! (sorry I'm biased, I'm an 86er.)

Music that imprinted themselves in the lives and memories of billions, as they are still recognized today through their use in movies, commercials, modern-day covers, and imitations. Those songs, and that kind of music came from a time much different than today. That's why they have such an influence. They're timeless. They're classic.

But nevermind my rambling-on. I need to stop, before I write a 12-page essay on my nostalgia.
Gnite!

No comments:

Post a Comment