As I turn on the tube everyday, I get more and more astounded by the complete and utterly disgusting things that are making today's headlines. I am proudly an addict to Nancy Grace/Glenn Beck and all those true-headline shows that deliver everything minus the latest celebrity rumours, red carpet appearances and other such gibberish. Reason being, you are what you eat. If I chose to absorb all the crap that we are bombarded with daily: from all the marketing, media and advertisement blobs, I would surely morph into a swine, rolling around in MY OWN filth... We are now living in a day and age where celebrities are famous for nothing. Everything is brand name otherwise it is no name. Kids are less "Disney" much sooner than when I was growing up. Go figure why I cherish my childhood so much.
Here is my list of make-me-gags:
- The deaths of 2 pregnant women at the hands of a Soldier and Police officer.
- Game shows that relish in the breakdown of our most Sacred Institution: Marriage & Family.
- Little Girls acting as if they're well-into their teens.
- Babies given vodka, placed in the oven & microwave..
- Children who live in guerra-ridden countries who play with guns and bullets rather than roleplaying Cowboys & Indians
- The In-and-Out of Celebrity Rehab patients
- The ever growing list of Celebrity "Dissolution of Marriage"s
- Girls who build their self esteem on Brand name purchases
- Guys who can't see past the T&A
- Lack of respect and simple courtesy.