Mood Quote:OCT72010

Mood Quote:OCT72010
"Maybe the best any of us can do is not quit, play the hand we've been given and accessorize the outfit we've got." - Carrie
Share |

21 February 2008

Cleaning out my closet

Pack rat = sentimentality, not junk.
Feeling: Refreshed..... like I'm starting a blank slate

So for the past few days, I've been systematically moving my things over to Joy's old room. Now everything is moved over, and I'm left with boxes of stuff (*last night.) I sorted through all the things in my chest, and chest bench, never realizing quite how much things I have!


Finding:
  • All my memorable projects and assignments
  • Backstreet Boys memorabilia, incl. their Burger King Action Figures
  • All my birthday cards from friends present and past
  • Letters we used to exchange on an almost daily basis
  • Various things for my 'Frank Box" for ex. misc. movie tickets, receipts...

Now that I will have less than half of the storage facilities for all this 'stuff' I had to really decide what was worth keeping and what needed to be chucked. I reduced everything down to one box. Quite an accomplishment. But I have been doing this progressively since I was 14, so when I REALLY think about it... What's really here, is meant to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment