Mood Quote:OCT72010

Mood Quote:OCT72010
"Maybe the best any of us can do is not quit, play the hand we've been given and accessorize the outfit we've got." - Carrie
Share |

22 June 2008

keep on truckin'?

Frank's dad, or as I like to call him, Papa Mario, gave back his Silverado in April
It was odd to drive up to their house without a pick-up in the driveway. Ever since I've known Frank, I've also come to know that a Pick-up Truck in the driveway is an integral part of their growing up, and their Father's history. To this day, months after the fact, it still occurs to all of us as odd, that he really IS living without it. It's like me living without a computer, which I like to consider myself attached to, as young as when I had an umbilical cord! (haha, slight exaggeration, I know.)
With that point, An excerpt from this Globe and Mail article sums it all up:
Let's be honest. In the hands of a construction worker or rancher,
a pickup truck is a symbol of masculinity, a vehicle that's equal parts power
and practicality

Everyday I drive up to Frank's house, and see a space in the driveway, it's my automatic response to think that their dad isn't home yet. But that's no longer the case. The truck is really gone, and the odds of it coming back are slim, unless the Intrigue goes bye-bye. That's all in litigation and will come to light within the next few months - to a year - I predict. This post is dedicated to Papa Mario, in honarium of his trucks of days past.

No comments:

Post a Comment