Mood Quote:OCT72010

Mood Quote:OCT72010
"Maybe the best any of us can do is not quit, play the hand we've been given and accessorize the outfit we've got." - Carrie
Share |

14 March 2009

Greek Chic

I have a self-confessed foot fetish, more-so for shoes. One time I had a quiz where my friends were asked typical, "How well do you know me" type questions. One question in particular was regarding my shopping weakness, and the obvious tie-up was between purses (bags) and shoes. My initial answer at the time was shoes, but my best friend argued otherwise. I can see where the hang up came, as I have a more extensive bag collection versus shoes.

Reason being, I am WAY MORE PARTICULAR *picky* when it comes to shoes. Unlike other girls, whom you can catch staring at themselves in any reflection, I stare at my feet. Shoes are a fashion accesory for me that is way more versatile than a bag.

To me, if I decide to buy AND keep a pair of shoes, it has made the equivalent of entrance to the VIP section of my closet.

Prior to Sex and the City, I started secretly liking the gladiator trend, and saw it coming. I have a psychic eye to fashion waves, such as the sequins trend that has now boomed, whereas last year, I wore a sequined embellished shirt for my birthday.

Anyway, as I digress, the above pic with Carrie Bradshaw is a pair of Dior's, COMPLETELY out of my price range, but are the epitomy of the Gladiator trend that I love. Done right, Greek Chic is VIP anyday!

To those who have yet to embrace it, slowly work your way to really strappy sandals, and creep onto the Gladiator arena & take centre stage.

Gladiator Glam is a trend, not a fad and is not going away anytime soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment