Mood Quote:OCT72010

Mood Quote:OCT72010
"Maybe the best any of us can do is not quit, play the hand we've been given and accessorize the outfit we've got." - Carrie
Share |

06 March 2009

Snow Bunny

So, my persistent, and might I add, quite Insistent, older sister FINALLY got me to go snowboarding with her at Blue Mountain.

She paid for classes for me to learn how to board properly and get the basics, to further prevent a nasty fall-- which I am prone to.

Admittedly, I LOVED IT! Despite being sore, as I am for the past day and a half, like my Snow School Guide told me," No Pain, No Gain." He had the right "RADittude" and got me through the stages in no time.

Ironically, in the beginning I fell very little, with the exception of one major wipe out, that caused him to say,"Whoa, man, are you okay?!" LOL

Joy introduced me to the following things:

  1. The various snowboarding gear that adds up ($)
  2. Namely, Burton.
  3. What it means to "Strap-in"
  4. Ski (board) locks
  5. Toe-side/Heel-side
  6. The Magic Carpet
  7. How to go on a ski lift
  8. How not to get OFF a ski lift
  9. The BIG BABY
  10. BEAVER TAILS! YUM!
And most importantly, that it's, "All in my head."
Thanks Joy for fulfilling one of my 2009 resolutions.
I learned something new, and once I'm financially alright, I'll take this on as a leisurely activity--- you gave me a reason to like winter- and snow.
XOX

No comments:

Post a Comment