Mood Quote:OCT72010

Mood Quote:OCT72010
"Maybe the best any of us can do is not quit, play the hand we've been given and accessorize the outfit we've got." - Carrie
Share |

11 July 2009

The Great Churning Wheel


Not one to complain, I love working at Pure. It's a great place to work, with great people to work for and work with. It's probably the most enjoyable workplace, outside of all my teaching jobs, that I've ever had.

But I'll admit sometimes, the 4-11 shift isn't the greatest. It departs from my lifelong routine, of late-night **to me 9/10 is late** eating, studying, surfing then sleeping routine, and requires daytime planning unlike past work schedules.

Being out at 9- 930 the latest is manageable, but getting home 1130-1145 is a bit of a departure. Sometimes, when I look at it, I know I'm grateful for the job that was almost impossible during the time I was applying (recession peak of 2009); yet sometimes I can't help but feel like I'm just running endlessly on the big churning wheel, with no place to go.

I'm tired.

I'm tired of working jobs-- I want my career.

But, being told and a believer that one should always 'see the brightside of things'
this is nothing but a stepping-stone to where I want to be; where I'm going to be....

No comments:

Post a Comment