Mood Quote:OCT72010

Mood Quote:OCT72010
"Maybe the best any of us can do is not quit, play the hand we've been given and accessorize the outfit we've got." - Carrie
Share |

04 March 2010

Anchors Away

If you read my last couple of posts, you'd guess that in my life the sky is falling and the ground beneath me is crumbling off the wayside. You'd assume that I'm going through some existential crisis (which in a way I am) and you would wonder why does she still blog, especially about such negative circumstance?

Reason is: him.

No matter how 'crappy' I think things are, or how low I go, or how devastated I am - crying into a pillow, he's there to take me by the shoulders and tells me,"Everything will be OK."

For this reason, I call him my anchor.
Although he resembles nothing of a honking piece of metal, he attains much of the attributes.

  1. An anchor stabilizes a boat in rough waters. Anytime that I feel shaky; like the waters are gonna drag me under, he braves those waves with me and doesn't let me get dragged out to sea.
  2. A person or thing that can be relied on for support, stability, or security; mainstay. He's the shoulder to cry on, the ear to listen, the pinch to wake me up from dazeful dreaming, the airbag upon impact, the walking stick on a steep slope, the hug when that's all you need, the person who's only a phonecall away, the sweet to my sour, the cherry on top, the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, and to fin, the finder of laughter and a smile amidst the sadness.
  3. Military. a key position in defense lines. He always has my back - when it comes to anything. He'll defend me, even when I don't need a defense. He'll be the one to push that red button and launch the attack missiles. He's relentless. He holds grudges, even when I've let them go. He cares more for strikes made against me, than for him (although he takes attacks against me, personally). He's my commander-in-chief.

Whenever I'm feeling down and out for the count, I just fiddle around with
this ring on my finger. Just looking at it, knowing that there's someone there
always in your corner, who will support you through anything. That's stability.
That's him.

No comments:

Post a Comment