Mood Quote:OCT72010

Mood Quote:OCT72010
"Maybe the best any of us can do is not quit, play the hand we've been given and accessorize the outfit we've got." - Carrie
Share |

04 March 2010

Hi There, Little Black Rain Cloud. Go away!

Again, I can't help but sit here and feel like there's a little black rain cloud following me around, on a bright sunny day. I'm a firm believer that thoughts-become-things...but today I really can't shake it. So here I am, another 4 hours left to kill at work, with nothing but a deafening silence of self-reflection. Why is it that I feel like I'm running a race that's already finished? Why do I feel like no matter how many great people I have surrounding me, it doesn't change my circumstance or condition?

They say hang in there. That's all I've been doing for the longest time... My fingers are starting to slip and even though I know I have a safety net of great people, it won't cushion my fall.

Dust yourself off and try again. I've done that more times than I can even count. I feel like a hamster in a churning wheel, where I will run endlessly...and when I stop, and look around, I'll be in the exact spot I was when I started.

Please go away little black rain cloud...I have an amazing weekend ahead of me; maybe I'll just ignore you for the two days, bring an umbrella, and welcome your return when Monday rolls around.

Until then.


No comments:

Post a Comment