Mood Quote:OCT72010

Mood Quote:OCT72010
"Maybe the best any of us can do is not quit, play the hand we've been given and accessorize the outfit we've got." - Carrie
Share |

05 March 2010

Face off

Growing up with a mother who used to work for Mary Kay, I got a knack for make up quite early. I watched her run in-house sessions, showing women how to properly apply make up, foundation, lip liner, and everything in between.

One of the things I had fun taking from her samples was the Mary Kay facial mask. I like things a li'l messy, and I've always seen the girls on tv with facial masks and cucumbers; so here was my chance to emulate.

The top layer of your skin is actually dead skin (quite gross when you think about it) which the body is working to get rid of. Nature can use a little help, and here's where the facial mask comes in.

It rids your face of impurities and cleans your pores for a refreshed appearance. The mask brings blood circulation to your face as it dries and hardens. After you cleanse your face, moisturizing is key - as your face is now primed to absorb moisture through your opened pores.

Having a stressful day* I thought of how I could have some me-time without eating my feelings....so I decided to do a much needed facial, a basic mani/pedi, and tomorrow, colour.

(I just came to realize that with half as much hair, hair colour is half the expense!! $$$)

Until tomorrow. ZzzZz goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment