Mood Quote:OCT72010

Mood Quote:OCT72010
"Maybe the best any of us can do is not quit, play the hand we've been given and accessorize the outfit we've got." - Carrie
Share |

12 April 2010

Baked Potat(oh) vs. Baked Potat(ah)

Here's my baked potato debate.... As of late, I have been made aware that I way I eat a baked potato is "weird." It is the only way I know. Let me set it the scene for you:

  1. First-off often get a baked potato from Wendy's with (sour cream and chives) or twice-baked in restaurants like The Keg.
  2. So I open it up and throw on a dallop of sour cream
  3. I then proceed to scrape at the potato-sour cream mixture until it almost resembles mashed potatoes
  4. Now onto the good part, I eat the mixture, and scrape the most of whatever potato insides remains attached to the skin
  5. Finally, I discard the now gutted potato skin.
^ so friends of mine whom have witnessed this seemingly serious case of 'weirdness' have asked me why I continue to neglect the skin when that is the most nutritious part? My answer:

I always assumed that is how it was meant to be eaten.

Now realizing the error of my ways (as I do eat potato wedges -skin and all-) I am letting my baked potatoes fulfill their life's destiny of being 'completely eaten.'

To those whom this revelation comes too late, I apologize.

How do you eat your baked potato??

No comments:

Post a Comment