Mood Quote:OCT72010

Mood Quote:OCT72010
"Maybe the best any of us can do is not quit, play the hand we've been given and accessorize the outfit we've got." - Carrie
Share |

13 April 2010

To The Rescue

Today was one of those days that I'll never forget. An instructor of ours was running 'more than a little late' and had asked me to give out the course outlines and handouts (as she was on her way to the college.) The students have been waiting for 15 minutes, so after looking over the course material, 'History & Principles of Education' - discussing the Greeks, Romans & Early Christians - I came to see that it was down my alley of useful-but not-so-useful knowledge of Greek and Roman history.

I initiated the reading, and had a few students volunteer to read proceeding paragraphs. We discussed the differences between education of children now and then, how life and times was different to now, and how education, primarily reading and writing, was something 'the more elite' possessed.

Times like this make me reminisce; where will life take me?

No comments:

Post a Comment